ATLANTA, Sept. 16, 2022--The Atlanta Business Chronicle and the Association for Corporate Growth Atlanta named five transactions in which King & Spalding represented the acquirer or acquired company in its 2022 Deals of the Year Awards. The inaugural awards “recognize the leading middle market deals driving growth in the Atlanta region.”
King & Spalding’s Corporate, Finance and Investments group represented the Atlanta-based companies in the following transactions:
- Commercial Real Estate – Preferred Apartment Communities in its sale to Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust
- Consumer Products and Services – Sara Blakely, founder and owner of SPANX, in the sale of a majority interest to Blackstone
- Healthcare – Piedmont Healthcare in its acquisition of University Health Care System
- Logistics – UPS in its acquisition of Roadie
- Technology – Mailchimp in its sale to Intuit
Additionally, longtime King & Spalding client Frank A Argenbright Jr., Chairman and CEO, SecurAmerica, was honored with its Lifetime Achievement award.
Read the full list of award winners here.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 130 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 1,200 lawyers in 23 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality, and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.