NEW YORK, September 17, 2013—Twelve King & Spalding lawyers in New York were recognized as outstanding legal advisors in the 2013 edition of Thomson Reuters’ New York–Metro Super Lawyers magazine. These individuals have achieved a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement, as determined by an extensive poll of lawyers in the New York metropolitan area.
The King & Spalding lawyers named to the overall “New York–Metro Super Lawyers” list and their respective practice areas are:
- E. William Bates, II – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Henry G. Burnett – International
- Richard A. Cirillo – Business Litigation
- Robert S. Finley – Banking
- Ethan Horowitz – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Edward G. Kehoe – International
- Richard T. Marooney – Business Litigation
- Robert F. Perry – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Kenneth A. Raskin – Employee Benefits/ ERISA
- Arthur J. Steinberg – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Scott T. Weingaertner – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Laura R. Westfall – Employee Benefits/ ERISA
The Super Lawyers selection process begins with a survey sent to thousands of local practitioners, who are asked to vote for the best lawyers they have personally observed. Each lawyer identified is given a score based on the number of votes received and the source of those votes (votes of lawyers from other firms carry more weight than those from lawyers in the same firm). The Super Lawyers research team evaluates the credentials of the nominees and ensures that each lawyer is in good standing with the State Bar of New York.
A blue-ribbon review panel comprised of metropolitan New York’s leading lawyers is assembled to score the nominees in each area of practice. The top point-getters are selected as Super Lawyers—the top 5 percent of licensed attorneys in the state.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.