Washington, D.C., Government Advocacy and Public Policy partner J.C. Boggs will speak on a webinar hosted by The Federalist Society on March 15. The webinar is titled “Is Crypto Legislation Coming?” J.C. will lead a discussion on cryptocurrency legislation. Other speakers are:
- U.S. Congressman French Hill (R-AR), chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Digital Assets, Financial Technology and Inclusion
- Patrick J. McCarty, founder and president of McCarty Financial and adjunct professor of Law at Georgetown University
- Alexandra Harrison Gaiser, director of regulatory affairs at River Financial
- Dina Ellis Rochkind, Government Affairs and Strategy counsel at Paul Hastings
- Patrick Daugherty, partner at Foley & Lardner LLP and adjunct professor at Cornell Law School
Along with the "crypto crackdown" by financial regulators in the wake of huge cryptocurrency losses and bankruptcies, the webinar will discusse whether there will be crypto legislation, what might it and what should it provide or not provide, what will be the most contentious issues, and what related oversight should Congress provide. More information can be found here.