5:00 pm - 7:30 pm CST
The Houstonian Hotel | 111 North Post Oak Lane | Houston, Texas 77024
Cocktails will be served beginning at 5:00 pm, with presentations beginning promptly at 5:30 pm. Networking reception to follow until 7:30 pm.
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm CST
Dial-in information will be distributed prior to the program.
Please join The Honorable Michael McCaul (R-TX), Chairman, Homeland Security Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives, and a panel of cybersecurity experts to learn more about cybersecurity risks in the energy sector and what you can do to protect your business and customers. Cybersecurity threats, whether malicious or unintentional, pose a serious and ongoing challenge for the energy sector. It is not a question of if you will be attacked, but when. As cyber threats evolve, energy companies face unique challenges due to the increasingly interconnected delivery of energy supplies and services.
Last year, Congress made strides in bolstering our nation's cyber defenses by passing five bipartisan bills to help modernize the nation's cybersecurity and cyber workforce, including legislation to authorize the National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center. One of the top priorities of the 114th Congress is to promote cybersecurity information-sharing among the private sector and with the federal government to defend against cyber-attacks and encourage better coordination. Chairman McCaul and our panel of experts will discuss these issues and what you can do to better prepare and protect your business in today's interconnected economy.
- The Honorable Michael McCaul (R-TX), Chairman, House Homeland Security Committee, Founder, Cybersecurity Caucus, U.S. House of Representatives
- Dr. Andy Ozment, Assistant Secretary, Office of Cybersecurity & Communications, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- The Honorable Dave McCurdy, President and CEO, American Gas Association
- Scott Aaronson, Senior Director, National Security Policy, Edison Electric Institute (EEI)
- The Honorable Michael Andrews, Senior Counsel, Government Advocacy and Public Policy group, King & Spalding
- J.C. Boggs, Partner, Government Advocacy and Public Policy & Data, Privacy and Security groups, King & Spalding
- John Drennan, Business Litigation and Data, Privacy and Security groups, King & Spalding
The King & Spalding Energy Forum is an informative quarterly series that addresses issues facing the energy industry.
Continuing Education Credit:
1.5 hours of CLE credit will be applied for in CA, GA, NY, TX and, if needed, NC and VA. Attendees will receive a Uniform Certificate of Attendance via email within 30 days after the program to seek CLE credit in other jurisdictions. New York lawyers: This program is considered both Transitional in content and Traditional in format and approved for all lawyers.
King & Spalding LLP | 1180 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 | CA Provider # 10947