King & Spalding will host a roundtable to discuss the highlights of the recent rulemakings CMS has issued affecting Medicare payments to providers, including the IPPS Final Rule for FY 2023, the OPPS Proposed Rule for CY 2023, and CMS’s proposed rule to revise the distance requirements for CAHs. Topics of discussion will include:
- Significant revisions to wage index rules;
- Repeal of the “fellow penalty” and other GME reimbursement changes;
- Empirical DSH and Section 1115 uncompensated care pool days after Bethesda Health v. Azar;
- Significant updates for claiming uncompensated care on S-10;
- OPPS payment cut for 340B drugs, retroactive relief and the fallout of Becerra v. American Hospital Association;
- Rural Emergency Hospitals; and
- Proposed changes to the CAH distance requirements.
For questions, contact Caroline Wendt at email@example.com.
King & Spalding is an accredited provider of CLE credit in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. We can issue reciprocal credit for attorneys licensed in Connecticut, Florida and New Jersey. We will apply for credit in Colorado, North Carolina and Virginia (subject to MCLE Board approval). For jurisdictions not listed, attendees are provided with a Universal Certificate of Attendance. New York licensed attorneys: Transitional/Appropriate for newly admitted and experienced attorneys. Financial aid is available for qualifying lawyers. For CLE-related questions, please contact Gisel Arias at firstname.lastname@example.org. King & Spalding, 1180 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. CA Provider #10947.
General information on our practice is available in our electronic publications Serving the Life Sciences Industry and Serving the Healthcare Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers or healthcare provider mailing lists to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to email@example.com and specifying the list you wish to join.