King & Spalding will host a one-hour roundtable webinar on October 26, 2023, to discuss the latest developments surrounding the No Surprises Act (NSA) and the Hospital Price Transparency Rule (HPT Rule).
Earlier this year, series of lawsuits in Texas challenging the rulemaking implementing the NSA upended key portions of the regulatory scheme governing the act. In those cases, a Texas district court overturned portions of the rulemaking and informal guidance concerning the independent dispute resolution (IDR) process, including the calculation of the qualifying payment amount, which plays a significant role in the determination of out-of-network reimbursement in the IDR process. In response to these rulings, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services has temporarily halted the IDR process pending reactive rulemaking.
The webinar will also discuss CMS’s proposed changes to the HPT Rule as well as recent developments in the government’s enforcement of the HPT Rule.
Topics for discussion during the roundtable webinar will include:
- The impact of the district court judgements on the NSA’s IDR process
- New lawsuits filed to challenge the NSA
- Winning strategies for the IDR process and how to prepare for the reopening of the IDR portal
- Forecasting future NSA IDR rulemaking coming in 2023 and 2024
- Review of CMS’s proposed changes to the HPT Rule in the FY 2024 Outpatient Prospective Payment System Proposed Rule
- Review of recent enforcement activity for violations of the HPT Rule
- Forecasting enforcement coming in 2023 and 2024