King & Spalding will host a roundtable to discuss the highlights of the Inpatient Prospective Payment System Final Rule for FY 2024. The Final Rule contains several important policy changes and updates, including changes to the wage index, operating and capital disproportionate share hospital (DSH) and nursing and allied health payments. Topics of discussion will include:
– FY 2024 payment rate update;
– Calculation of the uncompensated care payment pool;
– Changes to DSH payment rules (including Section 1115 waiver days);
– New methodology for calculating the rural wage index;
– Continuation of the low-wage hospital policy; and
– Nursing and allied health payments.
We will analyze CMS’s new policy changes on these topics and provide strategies for healthcare providers to adapt to them. We will also save time for questions and answers with our audience. Please join us for an in-depth and dynamic discussion.