No one who is familiar with Medicare will be surprised to learn that Medicare’s reimbursement for graduate medical education is complicated. After providing an introduction to the mechanics of graduate medical education reimbursement, this session will go beyond the basics to address such issues as:
- The relationship between new programs, cap adjustments, and affiliation agreements including the practical implications of CMS’s clarified definition of what constitutes a “new” program;
- Traps for the unwary such as the inadvertent triggering of permanent FTE caps and per resident amounts—how to avoid them or deal with them if too late;
- A review of the most influential proposal for GME reform and what GME payment could look like under the new Administration;
- CMS’s hidden penalty for hospitals training residents beyond their initial residency period and what you can do about it; and
- The unique rules applicable to rural hospitals and how urban hospitals may be able to take advantage of them.
You do not have to be a client to attend, and there is no charge.
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable Webinar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.