Please join us for a discussion on Transactions in the Food and Beverage Industry, approaching the various aspects of the topic from the U.S., EU, Asian and Middle East perspectives. In particular, this webinar will discuss:
Mergers & Acquisitions in the U.S.
- Overview of recent U.S. M&A activity in the food & beverage space
- Deal document considerations
- Industry-specific provisions
- Ancillary agreements (license agreements, supply agreements)
- Diligence considerations
- U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Supply and distribution arrangements
IP Diligence in the U.S.
- Brand history – Consumer perception, past disputes
- Portfolio – Including common law use and any potential pitfalls related to protection
- Internet, social media, mobile apps
- Limitations on use of IP
- Current company or marketplace issues that may affect the value of the IP
Deals in the EU
- Share deal or asset deal? Pitfalls in the EU
- Due diligence: Food regulatory laws
- Due diligence: IP laws
- Due diligence: (Unfair) Competition laws
Mergers & Acquisitions in Asia
- Overview of recent M&A activity in the food & beverage space in Asia-Pacific
- Impact of regulatory change on M&A in the food & beverage space in Asia-Pacific
Transactions in the Middle East
- Update on recent changes in law aimed at encouraging investment
- Innovative structures for M&A and joint ventures in the Middle East (including use of English-law jurisdictions such as the Abu Dhabi Global Markets financial free zone)
- The use of free zones and "onshore" entities for transactions
- Due diligence considerations for transactions, including foreign ownership restrictions
Please contact Miriam Hedke at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION CREDIT
CLE credit will be applied for in CA, GA, IL, NY, TX and, if needed, NC and VA. If needed, UK CPD points will be awarded. Certificates of Attendance will be emailed to attendees approximately 30 days after the program including a Uniform certificate to seek credit in other jurisdictions. New York lawyers: This program is considered transitional and non-transitional in content. The interactive webinar format is synchronous and approved for experienced and newly admitted NY lawyers. King & Spalding LLP / 1180 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 | CA Provider # 10947.