NEW YORK, August 18, 2014 — One hundred twenty King & Spalding lawyers from more than 50 practice areas (as defined by the publication) were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America. Notably, of those King & Spalding lawyers named in the list, eight received special recognition as “Lawyers of the Year”:
- Patricia T. Barmeyer - Litigation - Environmental
- C. William Baxley - Mergers & Acquisitions
- Jeffrey M. Stein - Securities/Capital Markets Law
- David Tetrick, Jr. - Litigation – ERISA
- Chilton Davis Varner - Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants
- R. Doak Bishop - International Arbitration – Commercial
- Donald F. Zimmer, Jr. - Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Dixie L. Johnson - Corporate Compliance Law
These individuals received particularly high levels of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity. Best Lawyers chooses only a single lawyer within each specialty and region for this distinction.
To view the complete list of King & Spalding lawyers ranked in the 2015 edition of Best Lawyers in America, click here.
The Best Lawyers in America guide has been called “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice” by Corporate Counsel magazine. The entirely peer-based research process consists of almost 4.4 million confidential evaluations with leading attorneys across the country.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.