Nora Djeraba is a senior associate in King & Spalding’s focusing on Energy, where she specializes in general corporate and commercial advice to international clients in relation to their transactions and projects in North Africa across a wide range of industry sectors, including in particular oil and gas.
Nora is a French qualified lawyer based in the firm’s Paris office. She was educated/grew up in Algeria, holds dual French/Algerian nationality and is fluent in French, English and Arabic.
Nora lectures regularly on energy law at the University of Aix-Marseille.
Before joining King & Spalding in 2013, Nora worked for four years in the Energy & Infrastructure group of an international City law firm in Paris.
- Cited in Legal 500 EMEA 2016 (foreign firms) for advice in Algeria and Tunisia.
- Ranked in Chambers Global 2016 - Corporate/Commercial (Expertise Based Abroad) — Algeria:
- "Associate Nora Djeraba is involved in the practice's most significant work, and is described by market commentators as 'a very talented Algerian lawyer.' Sources value her 'hands-on approach' and 'help with tactical Algerian issues and details.'"
- Cited in Legal 500 EMEA 2015 (foreign firms) for advice in Algeria.
- Cited in Legal 500 EMEA 2014 (foreign firms) for advice in Algeria:
- King & Spalding LLP (…). Clients also recommend upstream oil and gas specialist Nora Djeraba, who is fluent in Arabic and holds dual French/Algerian nationality.
- Cited in Legal 500 EMEA 2013 (foreign firms) for advice in Algeria and Tunisia:
- (…) Paris team includes (…) fluent Arabic speaker Nora Djeraba, who holds dual French/Algerian nationality.
Legal 500 EMEA 2013 (Algeria)
- (…) Associate Nora Djeraba, who has dual French/Algerian nationality, plays a key role in the firm's market presence.
Legal 500 EMEA 2013 (Tunisia)
- Mehdi Haroun and Nora Djeraba, “LNG in Morocco”, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, July 2016
- Alex Blomfield, Tolani Oyesanya and Nora Djeraba, “COP21: A Mixed Picture for African Coal”, Coal International, May/June 2016
- Tolani Oyesanya, Alex Blomfield and Nora Djeraba, “The Paris Agreement on Climate Change – Implications for Africa”, King & Spalding Energy Newsletter, February 2016
- Co-author of "Guide to establishing business and dispute resolution in Maghreb countries" (2010)
- Co-author of "Viewpoints – focus on MENA", Acquisitions Monthly (April 2010)