Firm Also Wins Best Client-Law Firm Team Award for Relationship with Blackstone Credit; Partner Sally Yates Named Attorney of the Year
NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2023 – The American Lawyer has honored King & Spalding with three top awards at its annual American Lawyer Industry Awards event honoring “the best of the best” in the legal industry:
- Best Law Firm of the Year
- Best Client-Law Firm Team – King & Spalding and Blackstone Credit
- Attorney of the Year – Sally Yates, for leading the team investigating abuse in women’s soccer
With these three wins, King & Spalding was the most awarded law firm of the night.
“The Best Law Firm of the Year is a tremendous honor for all the lawyers and staff at the firm, especially amidst all the talent in the industry,” said Robert D. Hays, chairman of the firm. “I am extremely proud of what the firm has accomplished in recent years, particularly the teamwork and resilience shown by everyone here. We are also incredibly proud of our Blackstone Credit team and Sally Yates and her investigative team for their impressive achievements.”
In addition to the three awards it won, the firm was also a finalist for these four awards:
- Litigation Department of the Year – Product Liability
- Best Provider Collaboration – DaVita trial team
- Regional Litigation Department of the Year – Georgia
- Managing Partner of the Year – Robert Hays
With seven total finalist nods, the firm earned more spots on the award shortlists than any other firm.