King & Spalding Client Alert: FTC Announces New Transaction Thresholds for Premerger Notification Filings
On January 23, 2023, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) announced updated threshold amounts to determine whether parties to a merger must report a transaction to federal authorities under the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) pre-merger notification statute. The FTC also announced new filing fees pursuant to the 2023 Consolidated Appropriations Act. The new thresholds will apply to all transactions closing on or after February 22, 2023. Please click on the link to view a Client Alert published by King & Spalding Antirust lawyers. More »
ALSO IN THE NEWS
King & Spalding Webinar: Healthcare Fraud Enforcement Update – What Does 2023 Hold?
King & Spalding is hosting a roundtable webinar that will take place on Wednesday, February 15, 2023, at 12:00 P.M. ET. This roundtable webinar will explore healthcare fraud enforcement patterns from 2022 and will discuss what to expect from the government and whistleblowers in 2023. The panel will also consider how healthcare organizations can mitigate False Claims Act enforcement risks by implementing proactive compliance strategies. Topics for discussion include:
- DOJ and OIG enforcement initiatives focused on healthcare organizations.
- Specific enforcement trends, including:
- Proposed changes to the overpayment rule
- Continued pursuit of private equity investors
- Cyber breaches leading to FCA liability
- Academic medical center grant fraud enforcement
- Provider Relief Fund reporting
- Anti-Kickback Statute / Conflicts of Interest
- Strategies to reduce risk in light of enforcement trends and evolving data sources.
The webinar is free to attend. Additional information and a link to registration can be found here.
32nd Annual Health Law & Policy Forum
Join us Monday, March 20, 2023, for our annual forum focusing on the foremost legal and political developments impacting the healthcare industry. The event will be hosted at the St. Regis Atlanta Hotel.
Information regarding a room block at The St. Regis Atlanta can be found here. The group rate is available until 5 P.M. ET on Friday, February 17.
- Secretary Kathleen Sebelius speaking on the future of health policy
- Leading practitioners providing policy and regulatory enforcement updates, and other industry developments
- How changes in antitrust policy and enforcement are impacting the healthcare industry
- Democrats in the Senate and Republicans in the House: Healthcare in a divided Congress
To register for this year's event, please click here.