This webinar will discuss a major proposed rule released by CMS on April 14, 2017, which updates Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and Long-Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System (LTCH PPS). Understanding CMS’s proposal is essential both for provider planning and budgetary purposes and for proactive participation in the implementation of the new policies. On May 25, 2017, King & Spalding is hosting a 75-minute Webinar that will analyze CMS’s most important proposals including:
- DSH/UCC Payments – CMS’s proposal to begin using uncompensated care data from Worksheet S-10 for FY 2018 and distribute approximately $7 billion in UCC payments (an increase from FY 2017 of about $1 billion);
- Two-Midnight Rule – CMS’s proposal to remove, as expected, the one-time 0.6 percent increase to IPPS rates, which was meant to “address the effects” of the Two-Midnight policy;
- Pay-for-Performance – Several proposed changes to the Electronic Health Record Incentive Program, continued refinement of the Value-Based Purchasing, Hospital Readmissions Reduction and Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction programs and other quality program changes mandated by the 21st Century Cures Act;
- Urban-to-Rural Reclassification – CMS’s discussion of the timing of hospitals’ applications for geographic reclassification; and
- LTCH PPS Changes – CMS’s continued implementation of the blended site-neutral payment rates, CMS’s proposal to institute a regulatory moratorium on the 25 percent referral rule for FY 2018 and other changes required by the 21st Century Cures Act.
This webinar will also help participants interested in submitting comments to CMS by the June 13, 2017 deadline to identify and effectively advocate their positions.
King & Spalding Presenters:
- Mark Polston
- Daniel Hettich
- Christopher Kenny
- Elizabeth Swayne
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable Webinar, e-mail email@example.com.