SAN FRANCISCO, August 1, 2014 — Eleven King & Spalding lawyers were counted among the best in Northern California in the latest edition of Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers magazine. Seven partners based in the firm’s San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices were named Northern California Super Lawyers and four others were recognized as Rising Stars. Each was identified as having attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement, as determined by an extensive poll of lawyers in the state and a review by a blue-ribbon panel of lawyers in their fields.
The seven King & Spalding lawyers named to the Super Lawyers list are:
- Gennaro A. Filice, III – Civil Litigation Defense (San Francisco)
- Paul R. Johnson – Appellate (San Francisco)
- Nicholas D. Kayhan – Environmental Litigation (San Francisco)
- Judith M. O’Brien – Securities and Corporate Finance (Silicon Valley)
- Timothy T. Scott – Business Litigation (Silicon Valley)
- Kenneth L. Steinthal – Intellectual Property Litigation (San Francisco)
- Donald (Fritz) Zimmer, Jr. – Personal Injury Defense: Products (San Francisco)
Super Lawyers selects lawyers using a patented multiphase selection process that combines peer nominations and evaluations with third-party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Only the top five percent of licensed lawyers in the region are selected as Super Lawyers.
In the 2014 edition, four King & Spalding lawyers were named Northern California Rising Stars. They are described as “outstanding lawyers who have demonstrated superior professional potential.” Fewer than 2.5 percent of lawyers are chosen for this recognition, with only lawyers age 40 and under or who have been practicing 10 years or less eligible for inclusion.
The list of King & Spalding Rising Stars consists of:
- Erika Kikuchi – Business/Corporate (Silicon Valley)
- William E. Steimle – Personal Injury Defense: Products (San Francisco)
- Matthew Stewart – Mergers & Acquisitions (Silicon Valley)
- Joseph R. Wetzel – Intellectual Property Litigation (San Francisco)
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.