NEW YORK, May 20, 2019 — Managing Intellectual Property magazine has named partners Lori Gordon and Kathleen McCarthy to its Top 250 Women in IP list, which recognizes female practitioners who have “performed exceptionally” for their clients and firms in the past year.
The magazine also recognized eight King & Spalding IP practices and named 13 lawyers in several categories and jurisdictions to its IP Stars list, which honors IP professionals who have been highly recommended by their peers and clients.
Managing Intellectual Property ranked King & Spalding practices in the following categories:
- Copyright & Related Rights (National)
- ITC Litigation (National)
- Life Sciences (National)
- Patent Contentious (National)
- Intellectual Property (Georgia – Highly Recommended)
- Copyright & Related Rights (New York – Highly Recommended)
- Patent Contentious (New York – Highly Recommended)
- Trademark Contentious (New York – Recommended)
The following King & Spalding lawyers were selected as IP Stars in various jurisdictions:
- Bruce Baber (Georgia)
- Margaret Brivanlou (New York)
- Jim Brogan (California)
- Gerald Flattmann (New York)
- Thomas Friel (California)
- Lori Gordon (District of Columbia)
- Richard Groos (Texas)
- Holmes Hawkins (Georgia)
- Rebecca Kaufman (Georgia)
- Kathleen McCarthy (New York)
- Jill McWhirter (Texas)
- Ken Sonnenfeld (New York)
- Kenneth Steinthal (California)
Managing IP’s research for the above awards and rankings was based on interviews with partners, clients and surveys completed by law firm partners and in-house counsel active throughout the United States.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 130 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 1,100 lawyers in 20 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality, and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.