Miami, Jan. 11, 2022 — King & Spalding today announced it is opening an office in Miami, Florida. The Miami office, which will be the firm’s 23rd office globally, will extend the reach and capabilities across a number of the firm’s trial, transactional and governmental practices. Partner Randy Bassett will serve as its office managing partner.
“The Miami office officially plants roots in a state where King & Spalding already has substantial capabilities, experience and connections,” said Robert D. Hays, Jr., chairman of King & Spalding. “Given Florida’s rapidly expanding economy and strategic importance more broadly in the U.S. and Latin America, as well as the firm’s many clients with business and legal interests in the state, the Miami office will be an important hub for the firm and our clients.”
The office, which will open in early February, launches with 12 partners who are relocating to Miami from other K&S offices or who will spend the majority of their time there. All of the partners associated with the Miami office have significant experience advising clients on complex matters within the Florida market. The office will also serve as a base of operations for the more than 50 K&S lawyers who are barred in Florida and regularly work on matters in the state.
The King & Spalding Miami office will reflect a wide range of the firm’s industry and practice portfolio of matters.
- The firm’s mass tort and consumer class action practices have represented clients in hundreds of cases in Florida over the past 20 years with more than 100 jury trials in the past decade. A full-time presence in Miami will enhance the services the firm brings to its clients, particularly across the consumer products, automotive, financial services, life sciences and technologies sectors.
- The Miami office bolsters the firm’s premier healthcare practice in the state, through which it currently advises several of Florida’s largest hospital systems and other healthcare providers.
- The firm’s top-ranked international arbitration practice will continue to represent multinationals in hearings held in Miami and its other offices that are key global disputes venues.
- The firm’s government advocacy and public policy practice will extend its reach into the state led by two former Florida Congressmen at the firm who already counsel clients in Florida.
- The Miami office will become a client service center for the firm’s strong private equity, fintech and healthcare technology
The Miami office will be located at Southeast Financial Center, 200 S Biscayne Blvd, Miami, Florida.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 130 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with over 1,200 lawyers in 23 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality, and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.