LONDON, May 28, 2013 — While King & Spalding has rapidly expanded its profile globally over the past few years, the latest Chambers USA guide indicates that the firm's substantial reputation in the United States continues to grow as well. In the publisher’s 2013 guide to the leading U.S. law firms, King & Spalding achieved 35 practice rankings, including 14 at the national level. In addition, 103 lawyers earned 119 individual recognitions as leading practitioners in their fields.
King & Spalding practices were recognized among the best in the United States for appellate, capital markets, corporate, energy (electricity), energy (oil and gas), environment, food and beverages, government (government relations), healthcare, international arbitration, international trade, products liability, projects (oil and gas) and tax practices. The firm earned an additional 21 state rankings for various practices based out of its offices in Georgia, New York, North Carolina, Texas and Washington, D.C.:
- Antitrust (Georgia)
- Appellate (National)
- Banking & Finance (Georgia, North Carolina)
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Georgia, Texas)
- Capital Markets: REITs (National)
- Construction (Texas)
- Corporate/M&A (National, Georgia, Texas)
- Energy: Electricity (National)
- Energy: Oil & Gas (National)
- Environment (National, Georgia, Texas)
- Food & Beverages (National)
- Government: Government Relations (National)
- Healthcare (National, D.C., Georgia, Texas)
- Healthcare: Pharmaceutical/Medical Products Regulatory (D.C.)
- Intellectual Property (Georgia)
- Intellectual Property: Patent (New York)
- International Arbitration (National)
- International Trade (National)
- Labor & Employment (Georgia)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Georgia, Texas)
- Products Liability & Mass Torts (National)
- Projects: Oil & Gas (National)
- Real Estate (Georgia)
- Tax (Georgia)
- Tax: Corporate & Finance (National)
To view a list of the individual King & Spalding attorneys and practice areas ranked in Chambers USA and read the accompanying editorial, click here.
Chambers has been researching the U.S. legal profession since 1999. Its researchers speak to a vast range of lawyers and their clients to understand and accurately depict each legal practice and the leading players within it. Inclusion in the guide is determined solely by reputation in the market and knowledge of the profession as gathered by Chambers editorial staff.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.