King & Spalding is proud to serve as a primary sponsor of the Managing IP’s International Women’s Leadership Forum, scheduled for December 9, 2014, at The Fairmont San Jose, California. This exciting event will focus on IP development in the US and globally and will provide an opportunity for women in IP to hear from thought leaders on subjects such as litigation, licensing, patent protection, copyright and trademarks.
This interactive Forum also examines best practice and innovation around leadership, networking and business development. It will feature leading general counsel and IP counsel who will share their thoughts and insights with the audience. The aim is to provide an inclusive debate around building the talent pipeline as well as discussing the latest developments in IP.
Join your women peers to:
- Find out the latest in licensing and litigation
- Look at the current challenges in biotechnology
- Debate how to deal with non-practising entities
- Engage in an update on global IP developments
- Consider the trade mark and copyright issues
- Discovery changes and key issues in post-grant proceedings
- Hear from leading general and IP counsel about how they progressed their careers
- Discuss the importance of leadership and building your network
King & Spalding’s women partners Jill McWhirter and Emma Maconick will participate on the “Licensing Trends” panel, which will cover:
- Tips for writing and negotiating license
- How to pre-empt and prevent post-licensing disputes
- Utilising patent pools and standards setting