King & Spalding’s International Private Equity Practice consists of more than 150 lawyers and has a deep energy focus. The practice draws on its lawyers’ extensive experience in fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged finance, Islamic finance, securities offerings, and tax and restructuring, and combines that experience with a practical, problem-solving approach and a dedication to understanding clients’ objectives. Private equity, venture capital funds, hedge funds, individual private investors and a variety of other capital sources look to King & Spalding to assist them throughout the complete life cycles of their energy investment activities.
Areas of Expertise
- Fund formation
- Structuring, negotiating and executing leveraged acquisitions and other investments
- Ongoing portfolio company representation and support
- Implementation of exit strategies such as divestitures, public offerings and recapitalizations
- King & Spalding is lauded by Chambers Global 2010 as possessing a “thriving energy M&A and project development and finance practice.”
- King & Spalding is recognized for its “first-class energy team” and ranks as one of the top energy and natural resources firms in the United States in the 2010 edition of Chambers Global.
- King & Spalding is named one of the top energy and natural resources firms nationally (Chambers USA 2010).