Bobby Meadows is an accomplished trial lawyer known for winning challenging cases. He represents clients in litigation throughout the United States, including trials in state and federal courts, international and domestic arbitrations, summary jury trials and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Meadows' trial experience includes both commercial and tort litigation. Significant commercial matters include multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud claims arising out of failed business ventures, shareholder derivative suits, oil and gas operating agreements, leases, joint venture agreements and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contracts. In tort litigation, Mr. Meadows regularly appears in court defending large corporations accused of environmental damage by plaintiffs seeking hundreds of millions of dollars for land restoration, personal injuries and remediation of municipal water supplies. His tort clients include oil and gas companies, construction/engineering companies, product manufacturers and others.
National Trial Practice
Mr. Meadows is one of only a handful of trial lawyers who is both capable and willing to try the most difficult cases in the most difficult venues. Over the course of his 34-year career and more than 50 jury trials, Mr. Meadows has litigated matters in: Texas, state court, federal court and arbitrations; Louisiana, state and federal court; Montana, state court; Oklahoma, state court; Alabama, state and federal court; Alaska, federal court; Kentucky, federal court; Arizona, state court; Illinois, state court; Mississippi, state and federal court; New Mexico, federal court; Missouri, state court; New York, state court, federal court and arbitrations; California, state court; and Mexico, arbitrations.
Mr. Meadows' success has been recognized by induction into the American College of Trial Lawyers, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the International Association of Defense Counsel, and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
In 2010, for the third consecutive year, Mr. Meadows was chosen as a BTI Client Service All-Star, having been singled out for superior service by corporate counsel or other clients. Mr. Meadows is one of only seven lawyers to have been recognized in three or more consecutive years by Fortune 1000 corporate counsel. Chambers USA has consistently identified Mr. Meadows as being among the top lawyers in Texas for General Commercial Litigation and Energy and Natural Resources Litigation. He has received similar recognition in Texas Super Lawyers, Who's Who Legal/Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers in America, Legal 500, and Houston's Top Lawyers by H Texas Magazine.
According to Chambers USA:
- Bobby Meadows "has a sterling track record in large, complex cases" and is "fantastic before juries."
- "Robert Meadows is recognized for his defense of oil and gas companies in product liability and toxic tort litigation. Clients 'cannot sing his praises highly enough' in this area."
- "The 'terrific' Robert Meadows…is the team's go-to lawyer for key client Chevron, which he has represented in a number of important disputes, including a major victory for Texaco Exploration and Production (a subsidiary of Chevron) in Oklahoma state court and arbitration with LL&E over the sale of oil and gas properties."
- "'Well-seasoned trial lawyer' Robert Meadows impresses clients with an insightful and proactive approach as he 'distills complex, expansive issues down to something comprehensible for a jury.' He combines his toxic tort and product liability expertise with energy industry knowledge to cope with challenging industry-wide cases such as the MTBE groundwater case for Chevron."
Mr. Meadows is active in the community, principally through his service as a member of the Board of Trustees of Texas Children's Hospital.
Leadership in the Firm
- Managing Partner of King & Spalding's Houston office
- Member of the firm's 10-member Policy Committee
- Member of the firm's Lateral Partner Committee
- Senior member of the Houston Litigation Practice Group
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- DRI (Defense Research Institute)
- Houston Bar Association (HBA)
- Houston Bar Foundation
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (TADC)
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Texas Supreme Court Advisory Committee