Examples of significant trial experience as lead trial counsel:
- Jury victory as lead trial counsel in Nichols v. General Motors Corporation, selected by National Law Journal in 2004 as one of the Top 10 Defense Verdicts in the United States.
- Lead trial counsel in a successful zero recovery in jury trials in Georgia, Tennessee and Kentucky seeking punitive damages for one million recalled products.
- Lead trial counsel in a successful zero recovery in jury trials seeking punitive damages and attacking the design of millions of similar products and more than 100 plaintiffs.
- Lead trial counsel in federal court in Georgia seeking punitive damages against Fortune 10 Company.
Other examples of trial counsel experience:
- Selected as one of GM's national lead trial counsel for product liability litigation.
- Selected by Fortune 50 company as southeastern regional counsel in mass tort cases involving asbestos and silica.
- Selected as national trial counsel for medical device manufacturer in connection with recalled product blamed for numerous deaths nationwide.
- Won multiple dismissals in mass tort pharmaceutical litigation.
- Won dismissal for Fortune 100 company in toxic tort litigation involving allegations of massive ground water contamination.
- Successfully represented Fortune 100 company in repetitive stress injury litigation.
- Successfully defended global chemical company against punitive damage claim.
- Won directed verdict after extensive Daubert hearing in case alleging cancer claims.
- Successfully defended Fortune 5 company in highly publicized toxic mold case.
- Defeated class certification for Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company.
Examples of trial and appellate experience:
- Won 11th Circuit appeal upholding jury verdict in a case he had successfully tried, making groundbreaking law in the preemption area. (Griffith v. General Motors, featured in National Law Journal.)
- In one of the largest appellate cases ever in Alabama, served as lead counsel for a Fortune 5 company and helped erase on appeal a record $122 million verdict. (Selected by National Law Journal as one of the Top 10 Verdicts of 2002 and featured in American Lawyer.)
- Lead counsel in successful post-trial Hammond punitive damages hearing on record $100 million award.
- Helped reverse record eight-figure jury award in commercial fraud case.
Examples of experience with regulatory agencies and company audits:
- Successfully represented Fortune 50 company in investigation by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) involving 10 million products.
- Successfully represented Fortune 5 client in investigation by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) involving over thirty million automobiles.
- Conducted internal audits analyzing product liability risks for Fortune 100 companies and various foreign corporations involving, for example, chemical production techniques, radar navigation systems for aircraft and the proposed purchase agreement of a nuclear facility.
- Defense counsel in FDA enforcement action against medical device manufacturer following recall and multiple lawsuits nationwide.