Markus Bauman is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Practice and is resident in the London office. Mr. Bauman has extensive international experience representing investment banks, public companies, financial sponsors, investors and other market participants in a variety of industries on a wide range of both public and private cross-border transactions.
His corporate finance practice includes equity and debt financings, including US registered and 144A /Reg. S, initial public offerings, rights offerings, private placements and offerings of investment grade and high yield bonds. He has extensive international experience representing investment banks, companies, financial sponsors, investors and other market participants in a variety of industries on a wide range of both public and private cross-border transactions. Mr. Bauman also advises clients on US federal securities laws, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and compliance.
He is ranked in the 2015 Chambers & Partners Global directory for capital markets as a foreign expert for Germany and is recognised for being “highly regarded for his work on German transactions with US law aspects.”
Prior to joining King & Spalding, Mr. Bauman worked at leading international law firms and served as Executive Director of the Investment Banking Division Legal department of Goldman Sachs International.
Mr. Bauman recently completed a secondment in the Debt Capital Markets Legal department of J.P. Morgan in London.
Mr. Bauman is a fluent German speaker and proficient in Italian.
- Delivery Hero on its $110 million "crossover" financing round from pre-IPO investors;
- Nivalis Therapeutics, Inc. on its $77 million initial public offering on the NASDAQ;
- Delivery Hero Holding GmbH on the US$589 million purchase of Turkish food delivery company Yemeksepeti;
- Delivery Hero Holding GmbH on the takeover of Talabat.com from Rocket Internet;
- Delivery Hero Holding GmbH on its sale of a 30 percent interest to Rocket Internet AG in the third largest venture capital financings in European history; the total investment size by Rocket Internet was €496 million ($586 million), including €287 million for primary shares of Delivery Hero;
- Telefónica Deutschland Holding AG on the €3.62 billion ($4.66 billion) capital increase and rights offering to fund the acquisition of E-Plus;
- The initial public offering of Telefónica Deutschland Holding AG on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The IPO raised approximately €1.45 billion ($1.88 billion), making it the largest IPO in Germany since 2007 and the largest in Europe in 2012;
- Turkey’s first ever infrastructure bond by Mersin International Port (MIP), a joint venture between Turkey’s Akfen Holding and Singapore’s PSA International, of US$450 million 5.875% seven year bonds listed on the Irish Stock Exchange;
- The U.S.-registered initial public offering of a German tech issuer, the first European emerging growth company to file a registration statement under the JOBS Act;
- €1.36 million accelerated bookbuild offering of Repsol YPF S.A;
- €913 million rights offering of Banco Sabadell on the Madrid Stock Exchange.