Will Reily is an associate in the Financial Restructuring Group, with a focus on representing banks and other secured lenders in connection with their complex workouts, restructurings, and bankruptcy related matters. Will also represents corporate debtors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases as well as buyers and sellers in distressed M&A transactions. Will’s practice spans a wide variety of industries, including aviation, energy, renewables, transportation, infrastructure, and manufacturing industries.
- Representing JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in enforcing its rights under secured hedge agreements against multiple windfarm counterparties in Texas related to nonpayment disputes following the winter storm and ERCOT energy price hikes.
- Representing Texas windfarm projects, and private equity sponsors, in connection with restructurings following the winter storm and ERCOT energy price hikes that resulted in force majeure disputes between windfarms and their secured hedge providers.
- Represented European noteholders of the The Hertz Corporation European affiliates in connection with the U.S. chapter 11 proceeding. (Bankr. D. Del.)
- Represented Nordic Aviation Capital, the largest lessor of regional commercial aircraft in the world, in connection with its restructuring of secured and unsecured indebtedness during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Represented aircraft lessors and finance counterparties in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Avianca Holdings, S.A. (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented aircraft lessors and finance counterparties in connection with the chapter 11 cases of LATAM Airlines Group S.A. (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented aircraft lessors and finance counterparties in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Grupo Aeroméxico, S.A.B. de C.V. (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented Natixis as agent bank in chapter 11 restructuring of sub-sea fiberoptic cable company embroiled in dispute between management and PE sponsor (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented Samarco Mineração S.A., a Brazilian mining company, in negotiations to restructure obligations under export prepayment agreements/unsecured bonds in the amount of $4 billion.
- Represented SMBC EU/Brussels as agent for secured facility in connection with a credit bid for collateral (helicopters) during the chapter 11 case of Waypoint Leasing Holdings (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented United Arab Bank agent of secured facility in the chapter 11 cases of Aegean Marine Corp. (Bankr. SDNY).
- Represented Commerzbank in connection with the sale of its borrower’s U.S. subsidiary through a chapter 11 proceeding.