Terrence Burek is a senior associate in King & Spalding’s Washington, D.C., office and is a member of the FDA and Life Sciences practice. Terrence focuses his practice on the regulation of medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, as well as healthcare providers and suppliers. His expertise is concentrated on healthcare fraud and abuse and compliance with federal and state laws (including the Anti-Kickback Statute) governing remunerative relationships between manufacturers and health care professionals. Terrence also provides counsel to both the Ad Hoc State Law Compliance Group on a variety of laws and regulations, including the federal Physician Payment Sunshine provisions, and the International Marketing and Disclosure Compliance Group on a variety of international laws, regulations and industry codes.
While at Saint Louis University, Terrence served as a Managing Editor of the Saint Louis University Journal of Health Law & Policy.
- The Implications of The Sunshine Act for Funding Institutions and Pharma, American College of Rheumatology Annual Scientific Meeting (November 2016)
- The Best Defense Is Strong Compliance: Best Practice Compliance Efforts to Help to Prevent or Mitigate the Risk of Investigations, King & Spalding Medical Device Summit (October 2016)
- Where in the World Are You? International Transparency and Anti-Corruption Rules Impacting Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, King & Spalding Webinar, April 2016
- Address Global Transparency Regulations to Improve Monitoring Strategies, CBI's Compliance Monitoring Conference (March 2016)
- Where in the World Are You? U.S. and International Transparency Requirements Impacting Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, King & Spalding Pharmaceutical University (November 2015)
- OIG Issues Final Rule Expanding Anti-Kickback Statute Safe Harbors and Revising Civil Monetary Penalty Regulations, Client Alert (December 2016)
- Senate HELP Minority Staff Releases Report on Duodenoscope-Linked Superbugs, Client Alert (January 2016)
- CMS Proposes Sweeping Changes to Medicare Reimbursement for Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory Tests, Client Alert (November 2015)
- CMS Proposes Changes to Physician Payments Sunshine Act Implementing Regulations, Client Alert (July 2014)
- CMS Delays Open Payments Data Submission Deadline, Announces Registration Process; Requires Manufacturers and GPOs to Report, Client Alert (February 2014)
- French National Councils, Companies Publicly Disclose Information Required by French Sunshine Act, Client Alert (October 2013)
- EFPIA Launches New European Financial Relations Disclosure Code for Pharma, Client Alert (July 2013)
- CMS Issues Final Rule to Implement Physician Payments Sunshine Act, Client Alert (February 2013)
- CMS Will Not Require Data Collection under the Sunshine Act Before January 1, 2013, Client Alert (May 2012)
- CMS Issues Final Rule on Changes to the Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D Programs, Client Alert (April 2012)
- OIG Publishes Fiscal Year 2012 Work Plan, Client Alert (October 2011)
- Physician Ownership of Hospitals and Other Health Facilities: Antitrust and Policy Issues, Antitrust Health Care Chronicle, American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust, March 2008.
- Has ERISA Closed Our Laboratories? Options for State Health Reform, 2 Saint Louis University J. of Health L. & Policy 177 (2008).
- Delta Omega, Alpha Delta Chapter (Public Health Honor Society)
- The American Society of Law, Medicine, and Ethics Health Law Student of the Year
- National Order of the Scribes, Member 2009