Within the span of a few summer days, CMS issued multiple voluminous rulemakings affecting hospitals: proposed rules on the Outpatient Prospective Payment System, Physician Fee Schedule, and End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System and final rules on the Inpatient Prospective Payment System, Skilled Nursing Facility Prospective Payment System, Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Prospective Payment System, Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System and Hospice Payments.
King & Spalding will host an 80-minute webinar discussing the highlights from these rulemakings, including:
- General changes in Medicare payment rates and quality initiative requirements;
- Requirements around price transparency for hospital standard charges;
- Finalization of the site-neutral payment for off-campus provider-based departments;
- Substantial adjustments to rural wage index and rural floor calculations;
- Transitional add-on payments for “new and innovative equipment and supplies”;
- New coverage for graduate medical education provided in Critical Access Hospitals; and
- Continued discussion around cost report Worksheet S-10 for Uncompensated Care Pool payments.
Thursday, August 29, 2019
1:00 P.M. – 2:20 P.M. ET
King & Spalding is an accredited provider of CLE credit in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. We can issue reciprocal credit for attorneys licensed in Connecticut, Florida, and New Jersey. We will apply for credit in Colorado, North Carolina and Virginia (subject to MCLE Board approval). For jurisdictions not listed, attendees are provided with a Universal Certificate of Attendance. New York licensed attorneys: Transitional/Appropriate for newly-admitted and experienced attorneys. Financial aid is available for qualifying lawyers. For CLE-related questions, please contact Gisel Arias, email@example.com. King & Spalding, 1180 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. CA Provider #10947.
General information on our practice is available in our electronic publications Serving the Life Sciences Industry and Serving the Healthcare Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers or healthcare provider mailing lists to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the list you wish to join.
If you have questions concerning this roundtable webinar, email email@example.com.