NEW YORK, May 18, 2018 — Managing Intellectual Property magazine named partner Kathleen McCarthy to its Top 250 Women in IP list, which recognizes female practitioners who have “performed exceptionally” for their clients and firms in the past year.
The magazine also named 13 King & Spalding lawyers to its annual list of IP Stars, which honors IP professionals who have been highly recommended by their peers and clients. In addition, the publication recommended the firm’s IP practices in several categories and jurisdictions.
The following King & Spalding lawyers were selected as IP Stars in various jurisdictions:
- Bruce Baber (Georgia)
- John Barr (Texas)
- Margaret Brivanlou (New York)
- Jim Brogan (California)
- Thomas Friel (California)
- Lori Gordon (District of Columbia)
- Richard Groos (Texas)
- Holmes Hawkins (Georgia)
- Rebecca Kaufman (Georgia)
- Kathleen McCarthy (New York)
- Jill McWhirter (Texas)
- Ken Sonnenfeld (New York)
- Kenneth Steinthal (California)
Managing Intellectual Property also ranked King & Spalding practices in the following categories:
- Life Sciences (National)
- Copyright (National)
- ITC Litigation (National)
- Patent Contentious (National)
- Intellectual Property (Georgia – Highly Recommended)
- Copyright (New York – Highly Recommended)
- Patent Contentious (New York – Highly Recommended)
- Trademark Contentious (New York – Recommended)
Managing IP’s research for the above awards and rankings was based on interviews with partners, clients and surveys completed by law firm partners and in-house counsel active throughout the United States.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 130 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 1,000 lawyers in 20 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality, and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.