King & Spalding is pleased to invite you to a seminar on “Arbitrating International Construction Disputes in the Age of ‘Build, Build, Build.’” As the Philippine economy continues to expand and the government embarks on an ambitious USD 180 billion infrastructure program, the Philippine construction and infrastructure sectors are at the cusp of unprecedented growth. Those companies can increasingly find themselves across the table from or working with foreign entities, or in the middle of complex construction projects, exposing them to significant legal and commercial risks within and beyond Philippine shores.
Our team of arbitration and construction lawyers will provide first-hand insight into the use of international arbitration in resolving construction disputes, and share practical tips on minimizing risks in large-scale, complex construction projects.
Wednesday, 15 August 2018
2:30 P.M. – 2:45 P.M. Registration
2:45 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Program
5:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Cocktails
Makati Shangri-La, Makati AB Room
Ayala Avenue corner Makati Avenue
Makati City, Philippines
Note that attendance is free but there are limited slots. Please contact Jaya Nathan at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
- Introduction: International Construction Arbitration in Asia
- Key Features of Construction Contracts
- Pre-Dispute Risk Mitigation: Strategies to Protect Your Interest in Construction Contracts
- The Use of International Arbitration in Resolving Construction Disputes
- Liability in International Construction Arbitration: Dealing with Global Claims, Upstream versus Downstream Arbitrations, Liquidated Damages, and Third Party Liability
- Beyond Arbitration: Other ADR Methods in Construction Disputes – Dispute Boards, Mediation, and the Use of Experts
- Construction Arbitration in the Philippines: Enforcement and Jurisdiction Issues