King & Spalding will host a webinar focused on the government’s priorities in healthcare fraud enforcement – from mainstay issues like upcoding and medically “unnecessary” services, to new theories of enforcement against telemedicine and opioid distributors and providers. This webinar is prompted by the latest trends in False Claims Act (FCA) cases and investigations, and the panel will discuss how these developments may impact a range of healthcare providers. The current enforcement environment requires careful thought about areas of exposure, opportunities to mitigate risk, and how to react if investigated. The panel will discuss lessons learned from recent enforcement activity.
The webinar will include the following topics:
Current Areas of Enforcement under the FCA
- Continued focus on “medically unnecessary” prescriptions and services
- Medicare Advantage upcoding investigations and settlements
- Telemedicine and individual accountability “crackdown”
- Continued use of the FCA to combat the opioid crisis
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) “meaningful use” investigations and settlements
Evolving Trends in Procedural FCA Enforcement
- Cochise allows whistleblowers more time to sue under the FCA
- Uptick in qui tam dismissals, but DOJ dismissal authority faces challenges
- DOJ issues guidelines on cooperation credit in FCA investigations
- Updates to DOJ guidelines for prosecutors in evaluating compliance programs
Monday, September 23, 2019
1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M. ET
King & Spalding is an accredited provider of CLE credit in California, Georgia, Illinois, New York and Texas. We can issue reciprocal credit for attorneys licensed in Connecticut, Florida, and New Jersey. We will apply for credit in Colorado, North Carolina and Virginia (subject to MCLE Board approval). For jurisdictions not listed, attendees are provided with a Universal Certificate of Attendance. New York licensed attorneys: Transitional/Appropriate for newly-admitted and experienced attorneys. Financial aid is available for qualifying lawyers. For CLE-related questions, please contact Gisel Arias, firstname.lastname@example.org. King & Spalding, 1180 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30309. CA Provider #10947.
If you have questions concerning this roundtable webinar, email email@example.com.