King & Spalding will host a webinar focused on the government’s priorities in health care fraud enforcement – from mainstay issues like managed care and “short stays,” to new theories of enforcement under the ACA and the DOJ “PIL” Task Force. This webinar is prompted by the latest trends in False Claims Act cases and investigations, and the panel will discuss how these developments may impact a range of health care providers. The current enforcement environment requires careful thought about areas of exposure, opportunities to mitigate risk, and how to react if investigated. The panel will discuss lessons learned from recent enforcement activity.
The webinar will include the following topics:
- Current Areas of Enforcement under the FCA
- Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care and the OIG’s recent report addressing weaknesses in program integrity efforts.
- Continued focus on “short stay” investigations.
- Addressing the opioid crisis with the Prescription Interdiction & Litigation (“PIL”) Task Force, and lessons learned from Insys Therapeutics, Inc.
- The final overpayment rule in 2016, and its potential for significant FCA enforcement in years to come.
- Implications of mandatory compliance program effectiveness in DOJ investigations.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR) “meaningful use” investigations and settlements.
- Evolving Trends in Procedural FCA Enforcement
- Continued focus on targeting individuals, including treating executives as co-defendants alongside companies.
- DOJ’s renewed focus on its Qui Tam dismissal authority.
- Growing trend among U.S. Attorney’s Offices refusing to allow defendants to include language in FCA settlements denying allegations.
CLE credit will be applied for in CA, GA, IL, NY, TX and, if needed, NC and VA. Attendees will receive a Uniform Certificate of Attendance via email approximately 30 days after the program to seek CLE credit in other jurisdictions. New York lawyers: This program is considered transitional and non-transitional in content. The interactive webinar format is synchronous and approved for all lawyers. King & Spalding LLP / 1180 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309 | CA Provider # 10947.
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable Webinar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.