LONDON, June 7, 2012 – King & Spalding is one of the most highly-regarded law firms in the United States according to the latest edition of Chambers USA. One hundred of the firm’s lawyers were recognized in the 2012 guide to the leading law firms in the U.S., earning 116 individual ranking. Thirty-eight of those came at the national level.
Thirty-six King & Spalding practices were recognized among the best in the United States, including national rankings for antitrust, appellate, capital markets, energy (electricity), energy (oil and gas), environment, food and beverages, government (government relations), healthcare, intellectual property, international arbitration, international trade, products liability, projects (oil and gas) and tax practices. The firm earned an additional 21 state rankings for various practices based out of its offices in Georgia, New York, Texas and Washington, D.C.:
- Antitrust (National, D.C., Georgia)
- Appellate (National)
- Banking & Finance (Georgia)
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Georgia, Texas)
- Capital Markets: REITs (National)
- Construction (Texas)
- Corporate/M&A (National, Georgia, Texas)
- Energy: Electricity (National)
- Energy: Oil & Gas (National)
- Environment (National, Georgia, Texas)
- Food & Beverages (National)
- Government: Government Relations (National)
- Healthcare (National, D.C., Georgia, Texas)
- Healthcare: Pharmaceutical/Medical Products Regulatory (D.C.)
- Intellectual Property (Georgia)
- Intellectual Property: Patent (New York)
- International Arbitration (National)
- International Trade (National)
- Labor & Employment (Georgia)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Georgia, Texas)
- Products Liability & Mass Torts (National)
- Projects: Oil & Gas (National)
- Real Estate (Georgia)
- Tax (Georgia)
- Tax: Corporate & Finance (National)
To view a list of the individual King & Spalding attorneys and practice areas ranked in Chambers USA and read the accompanying editorial, click here.
Chambers has been researching the U.S. legal profession since 1999, identifying the leading lawyers and law firms through interviews with thousands of lawyers and their clients. For the 2012 edition, a team of 50 Chambers USA researchers interviewed more than 10,000 lawyers and clients over the span of six months to determine which lawyers and firms the market says are the best in their geographic regions and practice areas.
About King & Spalding
Celebrating more than 125 years of service, King & Spalding is an international law firm that represents a broad array of clients, including half of the Fortune Global 100, with 800 lawyers in 17 offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The firm has handled matters in over 160 countries on six continents and is consistently recognized for the results it obtains, uncompromising commitment to quality and dedication to understanding the business and culture of its clients. More information is available at www.kslaw.com.