On Friday, February 15, 2013, at 1:00 - 2:30 P.M. Eastern Time, King & Spalding will host an Atlanta-based Roundtable focused on planning for and pursuing insurance coverage for defense costs and liability arising from a government investigation or regulatory enforcement litigation. The Roundtable is prompted by the increased pace and complexity of government investigations, qui tam suits, and evolving delivery models such as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs). This environment requires careful planning in purchasing insurance coverage and in negotiating the most favorable terms possible. As the healthcare industry continues to evolve, effectively designed coverage programs require purchasers to be conversant in changing types of coverage and policy language. Also, the intensity of an investigation or qui tam suit can distract counsel from taking necessary steps to ensure that coverage is preserved, so this Roundtable will discuss key steps to take in such situations.
We are also offering a Webinar option for the Roundtable.
- Meghan Magruder, King & Spalding
- John Miller, Sterling Risk Advisors
- Michael Paulhus, King & Spalding
- Tony Tatum, King & Spalding
The Roundtable will include the following topics:
- Overview of key coverage issues raised by regulatory investigations.
- Tips for negotiating provisions to help ensure the greatest protection for providers and their directors and officers.
- Traditional insurance coverage options, or lack thereof, for FCA, Stark violations, and other claims asserted by the OIG, DOJ, and other regulators.
- Outline of new insurance products in the market that provide significant regulatory coverage—and limitations—for healthcare providers, as well as coverage for new exposures to directors and officers.
- Practical steps for dealing with insurers to notice and preserve a claim, as well as steps that can be taken to increase the likelihood of recovery.
In-person attendance is limited, so please register soon to reserve seats for your organization. You do not have to be a client to attend, and there is no charge.
You can register to attend in person or by Webinar by clicking the Register link at the bottom of this page. If you are attending in person, lunch will be provided between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. if you would like to arrive early for that.
General information on our practice is available on the K&S Website and in our electronic publication Serving the Healthcare Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular healthcare practice mailing list to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to email@example.com.
Offices of King & Spalding
1180 Peachtree Street, NE / 16th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30309
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable, contact Marie Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org.