Join our panel of experts with Philip Weems, Chair of Global Transactions Practice Group, and Doak Bishop, Co-Chair of International Arbitration practice, with Argentine lawyers Roberto Aguirre Luiz and Silvia Marchili and Venezuelan lawyer Vera De Brito de Gyarfas, moderated by John Bowman, to learn about the latest developments in resource nationalism around the World.
Topics to be Addressed:
- How Energy Companies Assess Political Risk in Frontier Areas
- Proactive, Practical Steps to Mitigate Political Risk Now
- Recent Arbitrations Concerning Expropriation, in General, and Political Risk Insurance, in Particular
- Structuring Ownership to Protect Long-Term Foreign Investments
- Stabilization Provisions in Host Government Contracts: What Works, What Doesn't
- What’s Next for Argentina: Our Optimists and Pessimists Clash over Future Prospects
11:00 am - 1:30 pm CT
The Houstonian Hotel
111 North Post Oak Lane
Houston, Texas 77024
Lunch will be served beginning at 11:00 am, with presentations beginning promptly at 11:30 am.
11:30 am - 1:30 pm CT
The dial-in phone number and presentation link will be sent prior to the event.
The King & Spalding Energy Forum is an informative quarterly series that addresses issues facing the energy industry.
Continuing Education Credit:
2 hours of CLE credit will be applied for in CA, GA, NY, TX and if needed, VA. Attendees will receive a Uniform Certificate of Attendance via email within 30 days after the program to seek CLE credit in other jurisdictions. New York lawyers: This program is considered both Transitional in content and Traditional in format and approved for all lawyers. CA Provider # 10947