No one who is familiar with Medicare will be surprised to learn that Medicare’s reimbursement for graduate medical education is complicated. After providing an introduction to the mechanics of graduate medical education reimbursement, this session will go beyond the basics to address such issues as:
- The relationship between new programs, cap adjustments, and affiliation agreements including the practical implications of CMS’s clarified definition of what constitutes a “new” program;
- Traps for the unwary such as the inadvertent triggering of permanent FTE caps and per resident amounts—how to avoid them or deal with them if too late;
- A review of the most influential proposal for GME reform and what GME payment could look like under the new Administration;
- CMS’s hidden penalty for hospitals training residents beyond their initial residency period and what you can do about it; and
- The unique rules applicable to rural hospitals and how urban hospitals may be able to take advantage of them.
You do not have to be a client to attend, and there is no charge.
You can register to attend this webinar by clicking the Register link at the bottom of this page.
General information on our practice is available in our electronic publications Serving the Healthcare Industry, Around the Corner and Serving the Life Sciences Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers or healthcare provider mailing lists to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying the list you wish to join.
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable Webinar, e-mail email@example.com.