Pharmaceutical and medical device companies face significant risks with respect to trade secrets theft – risks which often implicate cyber security concerns. Using hypothetical but common real-world scenarios, this Webinar will provide an overview of the unique risks the pharmaceutical and medical device industries face with respect to trade secrets theft and related information security issues. Then, looking to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework as a comparative guide, this session will address the most cost-effective means of protecting trade secrets, including:
- identifying and prioritizing your company's "crown jewel" trade secrets and other sensitive information;
- protecting that information by evaluating your company's trade secrets and cyber security policies and procedures;
- detecting trade secret theft or weaknesses in your security program;
- preparing to respond to trade secret theft by implementing a written incident response plan; and,
- ensuring that your trade secret program is designed to evolve and adapt with your company and the sensitive information it holds.
Finally, this session will discuss in detail the civil and criminal remedies that are available in this area, and how your company should prepare in advance to effectively take advantage of them.
You do not have to be a client to attend, and there is no charge.
You can register to attend this webinar by clicking the Register link at the bottom of this page.
General information on our practice is available in our electronic publications Serving the Healthcare Industry, Around the Corner and Serving the Life Sciences Industry. If you would like to be included on our regular pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers or healthcare provider mailing lists to receive notices of other events and written updates, you can be added by submitting your full contact information to email@example.com and specifying the list you wish to join.
You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
If you have questions concerning this Roundtable Webinar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.