The competitive importance of trade secrets continues to grow. At the same time, increasing employee mobility, globalization, corporate and governmental espionage, and reliance on technology to maintain trade secrets have made protection of those trade secrets increasingly complex. K&S lawyers are at the forefront of these issues.
We know how to protect. Our lawyers understand that trade secret theft creates business and reputation risks for their clients, and that a successful trade secret strategy must work in tandem with a company’s operations. We develop teams based on client needs that draw on our depth of experience across practices areas to address the trade secret and business issues facing the high-tech, life sciences, oil and gas, manufacturing, and consumer products industries, including:
- identifying critical assets requiring protection, such as business methods, sales strategies, and intellectual property
- establishing best practices to guard against physical and electronic theft
- drafting employment agreements, company policies, and confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements for employees, customers, and third parties
- designing and implementing trade secret protection training programs for employees
- developing and implementing trade secrets governance and compliance programs, including coordinating those programs with cybersecurity programs for compatibility and efficiency
We know how to respond. K&S attorneys are on the front lines acting on behalf of their clients to identify potential trade secret theft and develop common-sense strategies for responding—whether through a confidential negotiation or arbitration of an employee issue; a multi-disciplined response to theft involving government prosecution; through a Section 337 action with the ITC; pursuit of foreign actions; litigation; or enforcement of judgments worldwide.
Our lawyers are widely recognized as some of the best in their practice areas by leading publications such as Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, New York Metro Super Lawyers, Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers, Georgia Super Lawyers, and Texas Super Lawyers.