King & Spalding's Technology Practice is dedicated to providing our clients with superior legal services addressing the myriad of issues surrounding technology matters.
- New Economy Companies ranked the firm 6th out of all law firms nationwide in the areas of corporate, intellectual property, litigation and securities counsel, according to The American Lawyer.
- We have been involved in more than $12 billion of technology mergers and acquisitions since January 2000. In addition, we have helped our clients obtain or invest approximately $10 billion in private equity and investment funds since January 2000.
- Our clients include mature, Fortune 500 corporations, emerging technology companies, investment funds and venture capital firms. King & Spalding represents over 250 publicly traded companies, including more than one-half of the Fortune 100.
Our technology practice includes representation of large, corporate clients in sophisticated technology transactions. We have represented some of the largest companies in the world in outsourcing transactions, licensing and development transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, public offerings and private equity.
Our experience in representing mature companies is applied to counseling our emerging technology clients. From business planning and raising capital to protecting intellectual property assets, our lawyers provide the expertise, contacts and experience needed to support the growth of emerging companies. We tailor our legal services based on each company's stage of development and our lawyers help develop technology opportunities.
In addition to representing technology companies, we also represent the funds and firms investing in them. King & Spalding counsels many of the leading venture capital and investment banking firms on issues relating to minority and control investments, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings - a valued role that keeps our lawyers close to industry pioneers and sources of capital.
At King & Spalding, more than 100 lawyers are dedicated to the Technology Practice. Collectively, they have significant experience in the following industries:
- Consumer Products
- Energy - Oil & Gas
- Financial Services
- Internet Infrastructure
- IT Services
- Logistics and Transportation Services
- State and Local Governments
- Telecom and Broadband Services
Our clients benefit from the full range of services that King & Spalding, as a large, multi-faceted law firm, offers. We advocate a team approach, drawing together lawyers from throughout the firm who are best suited to handle each particular client situation. Our lawyers strive for innovative, thoughtful representation in all areas.