King & Spalding’s specialty finance, asset-based and securitization professionals are located primarily in the Atlanta, Charlotte, London and New York offices and leverage their experience to advise clients on a variety of options for the structuring of asset-based loans, structured leases, specialty credit facilities and securitizations. We have particular expertise in “cross-over” products—where borrowers look to specialty finance and securitization as alternatives to more traditional financing methods—and have been at the cutting edge developing new financial products in these areas.
Whether in the context of single-lender, club-based, widely-syndicated, or capital markets transactions, our firm represents lenders, issuers, borrowers, and capital sources in a variety of industries, across a number of financing types, including:
- asset-based loans
- receivables financings and securitizations
- specialty financings and securitizations of operating assets
- whole-business securitizations
- specialty project financings
- distressed financings and other financings of illiquid assets
- specialty real-estate securitizations
- “specialty lending” securitizations and other financings of financial assets
Our specialty finance team has substantial industry experience in the communications, wireless, energy, healthcare, media, pharmaceuticals, transportation, manufacturing and franchising industries, among many others.