King & Spalding assists clients with oil and gas regulatory and litigation matters on a regular basis, making the firm one of the most active in this arena. The firm has special expertise in regulatory permitting and disputes; exploration and development operations regulations; royalty and qui tam suits; and antitrust, environmental, and oil field mass tort litigation. King & Spalding’s lawyers routinely advise multinational and domestic corporations engaged in all aspects of the oil and gas industry on matters around the world, including in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Russia/CIS, and Asia.
The firm’s Oil and Gas Practice is centered in Houston, Texas, and Washington, D.C., with strong strategic capabilities domestically in New York, Austin, Atlanta, Charlotte, and San Francisco, as well as internationally in the Middle East, Paris, London, and Singapore. Over the years, King & Spalding clients have included the majority of major oil and gas producers and refiners, and a substantial number of independent oil and gas producers, service companies, and oil field contractors.
King & Spalding’s oil and gas lawyers possess the specialized skills and industry knowledge necessary to litigate the full spectrum of oil and gas disputes.
Areas of Expertise
- Oil field environmental and tort litigation
- Breach of contract related to oil and gas facilities
- Joint operating and joint venture agreements
- Oil and gas leases
- Production-sharing agreements
- Royalty disputes
- Challenges to exploration and development projects
- King & Spalding is recognized for its “first-class energy team” and ranks as one of the top energy and natural resources firms in the United States in the 2010 edition of Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- King & Spalding is named one of the top energy and natural resources firms nationally (Chambers USA 2010).
- King & Spalding lawyers are ranked nationally by Chambers USA for their oil and gas regulatory and litigation expertise (Chambers USA 2010).