King & Spalding represents companies with their legal issues across all facets of the healthcare industry in the U.S. and around the globe. The firm advises on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, structuring, reorganizations, and due diligence, all aspects related to the development, construction and financing of hospitals and healthcare facilities, capital financing, real estate issues, and payment systems for healthcare services.
King & Spalding has represented actors across the spectrum of the healthcare field, including operators, managers, developers, and private equity companies. King & Spalding’s Healthcare Practice Group helps clients alleviate risk, accomplish their strategic goals and succeed in implementation. The firm has received acclaim for excellence in transactional, litigation and regulatory representation of clients across the spectrum of healthcare delivery and payment.
- King & Spalding’s Healthcare Practice Group is ranked “Band 1” in Chambers USA Guide.
- Chambers USA recognized King & Spalding’s Healthcare Practice Group as “right at the forefront of transactional work and truly excellent at litigation.”
- In 2003, 2006, 2007 and 2008, Nightingale’s Healthcare News recognized 17 lawyers in our practice as top in the country in the areas of healthcare litigation, healthcare transactions, healthcare antitrust, hospital representation, healthcare fraud and compliance, physician representation, and outstanding young healthcare lawyers.
Because Experience Counts
Lawyers who regularly practice in the Healthcare Industry Practice Group include individuals with significant industry and government experience that bring with them a significant roster of industry contacts. This type of experience provides valuable, hands-on insight into this highly specialized area of law. Our lawyers have advised clients in the Middle East on more than a dozen transactions in the healthcare sphere from all perspectives. Because of its experience working with and across the table from numerous actors in the international healthcare field, King & Spalding is uniquely positioned to assist clients by anticipating both client and counterparty concerns. Our Healthcare Industry Practice Group includes the President-Elect Delegate of the American Health Lawyers Association, two past presidents of the American Health Lawyers Association and two current directors of the American Health Lawyers Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Operator and Management Agreements
- Integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Joint Ventures
- Corporate Compliance Programs
- Healthcare Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance & Securities
- Litigation & Regulatory Proceedings
- Tax Advice
- Health System Operations & Medical Staff Relations
- Government Relations & Policy Advocacy