King & Spalding’s Labor & Employment Practice Group provides labor and employment services to employers ranging from preventive advice and training to litigation and representation under federal and state labor and employment laws. The Group is committed to providing the highest quality legal services in the most timely and cost-effective manner possible.
Collectively, our lawyers have tried well over 100 jury cases, and defended dozens of employment class and collective actions.
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers recently noted that this group enjoys “a wonderful reputation for its depth of experience, focus on client service and delivery of practical advice.”
- In 2010 U.S. News and World Report quoted a client as saying “Michael Johnston at King & Spalding is one of the best, most experienced employment trial lawyers in the country. His excellent skills coupled with the laudable support always provided by his colleagues makes him and King & Spalding an especially attractive firm in any matter, but especially high stakes litigation.”
- King & Spalding was listed as one of Corporate Counsel’s 2009 Go-To Law Firms for Labor & Employment based on feedback from its corporate members.
- Our lawyers represent clients across the nation, utilizing all of the firm’s U.S. offices. Our lawyers have made appearances on behalf of clients in the state and federal courts in dozens of states, in all of the federal Courts of Appeal, and in the United States Supreme Court.
Our goal is to help clients:
- increase the effectiveness of their employment policies and practices,
- minimize the risk of legal challenges to their decisions, and
- maximize the defensibility of their actions.
Once a dispute arises, however, the Labor & Employment Group can bring to bear its considerable resources and trial experience to resolve even the most complex matters.