King & Spalding’s global finance practice brings together more than 100 lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia to represent lenders, arrangers, investors, funds, borrowers, issuers, underwriters and financial sponsors across the full range of complex financings. Our team closed more than 200 transactions in 2014 with an aggregate value of over US $60 billion. We provide clients worldwide with expertise in leveraged finance, capital markets, structured finance, project finance, Islamic finance, real estate capital markets, financial restructuring, and tax and regulatory matters—areas for which the firm and our lawyers are rated among the best in the world. Our aim is to provide targeted, multidisciplinary expertise across offices in an efficient and commercially-savvy manner.
In addition to being recognized consistently by Chambers Global, Chambers USA and The Legal 500, King & Spalding’s global finance practice has a number of distinctions, including:
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2015 “Best Law Firms” survey ranked our banking and finance and our international trade and finance law teams as Tier 1.
- IFLR1000 recognized King & Spalding as one of the world’s leading law firms advising on financial and corporate matters, earning three rankings in the publication’s 2014 guide.
- Reuters Loan Pricing Corporation ranked King & Spalding 7th for total lender and sponsor representations, 9th in lender-side representations, 7th in lender-side leveraged representations, and 6th in total lender and sponsor leveraged representations.
- Legal 500 Deutschland and Legal 500 EMEA recognized King & Spalding as a top firm in both Banking & Finance and Restructuring & Insolvency in their 2015 publications.
- Islamic Finance News Awards named King & Spalding 2014’s Law Firm of the Year in Funds/Asset Management and gave us honorable mentions for Islamic Finance firm of the year and Banking firm of the year.
- Both JUVE and Kanzleien in Deutschland have recognized King & Spalding’s real estate practice as one of the best in Germany.
- The Deal’s year-end 2014 league tables ranked King & Spalding in the top 10 bankruptcy law firms in the United States.
- King & Spalding’s Islamic finance practice is consistently ranked among the top four in the world by Chambers Global.
- King & Spalding is consistently ranked as one of the leading law firms in the Southeast in Public Finance.