Global reach and deep industry expertise. King & Spalding is among the most active and highly regarded international law firms in the area of corporate finance. Our Capital Markets team consists of more than 45 lawyers in Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, London, New York, Palo Alto, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Moscow. We represent issuers and underwriters, including major investment banks, in public and private offerings of equity, debt and hybrid securities. Our team has specific expertise across a broad range of industries, including biotech, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, consumer products, energy & natural resources, financial institutions, manufacturing, media & entertainment, real estate, retail & restaurants, technology & telecommunications and transportation & logistics and possesses the regulatory experience to handle any type of transaction.
Our transactions are national and international in scope and vary in size from public, billon-dollar deals to small, private transactions. In addition to our capital raising transactions, we are active in a range of equity and liability management transactions such as share repurchases, exchange offers, tender offers and consent solicitations.
Widely recognized for corporate finance leadership. Our corporate finance practice and lawyers are consistently ranked among the leaders in the field:
- Since 2002, King & Spalding has served as counsel in over 165 corporate finance transactions involving more than $100 billion in value.
- Sixteen King & Spalding corporate and finance lawyers earned individual spots in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- King & Spalding is ranked among the most active U.S. law firms for private finance, according to Reuters Loan Pricing Corporation.
- In Corporate Counsel’s “Go-To Law Firm” list, King & Spalding consistently ranks among the firms most mentioned overall for total representations in corporate transactions and securities law.
- King & Spalding is one of the top 11 firms Fortune 100 companies rely upon for outside legal advice, according to Corporate Counsel magazine’s annual “Who Represents America’s Biggest Companies?” survey.
Broad experience in all areas of corporate finance. We have extensive experience in a full range of corporate finance transactions, including:
- initial and secondary public offerings
- Rule 144A offerings
- PIPE and other private placements investments
- shelf registrations and takedowns
- medium-term note programs
- investment-grade and high-yield debt offerings
- equity linked securities
- American Depositary Share offerings
- Eurodollar offerings
- AIM market listings
- spin-off transactions
- issuer tender offers
- exchange offers
- consent solicitations