King & Spalding’s financial institutions practice is comprised of more than 100 lawyers across 17 offices globally. The team provides leading financial institutions worldwide with expertise in complex financings, private equity, fund formation, litigation, investigations, privacy and data security, Islamic finance, real estate capital markets, financial restructuring, and tax and regulatory matters—all areas for which the firm and our lawyers are rated among the best in the world.
In addition to being recognized consistently by Chambers and Legal 500, King & Spalding’s financial institutions practice has earned the following distinctions:
- Recognized by IFLR1000 as one of the world’s leading law firms advising on financial and corporate matters in the publication’s 2013 guide, earning nine rankings spanning bank lending, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and project finance work.
- Identified in the latest edition of U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms” survey as an outstanding provider of legal counsel on matters pertaining to bankruptcy/ restructuring; equipment finance; syndicated finance; financial institutions litigation; financial institutions regulations; project finance; public finance, and capital transactions and real estate law.
- King & Spalding won the Immobilien Manager 2014 Award in the “consultancy” category. The firm was selected for “helping usher the German real estate fund industry into the new KAGB investment law era.”
- Ranked 6th in the United States for bookrunner representations for leveraged loan transactions in 2013, according to Thomson Reuters LPC.
- Islamic Finance practice consistently ranked among the top four in the world by Chambers Global.
- Ranked the 10th most active law firm for bankruptcy matters in The Deal’s year-end 2013 league tables.
- Class action and real estate capital markets practices both named as top-5 practices in the U.S. for 2012 by Law360.
- Ranked among the top 5 U.S. private equity law firms, according to The American Lawyer’s 2012 Corporate Scorecard.
- Ranked nationally for private equity in U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 edition of the “Best Law Firms” survey.
- Bloomberg identifies King & Spalding as one of the top 20 law firms in the world advising on mid-market private equity matters based on deal size.
- The firm has (including nine retired partners) 20 members of the American College of Trial Lawyers, widely considered to be the premier litigation, trial practice and ethics association in the United States.
- Ranked among the “most decorated law firms” in The American Lawyer’s inaugural (2012) Litigation Power Rankings.
We have a strong base of clients who are leaders in the financial services industry, counting 15 of the 25 largest banks in the world and 20 of the 25 largest banks in the United States (including the entire top 10) among them.
Some of our financial institutions clients include:
- Credit Suisse
- Gatehouse Bank plc
- GE Capital
- GSO Capital Partners
- IVG Immobilien AG
- JAMESTOWN, LP
- JP Morgan
- Kuwait Finance House
- Lone Star Funds
- Morgan Stanley
- Roark Capital Group
- Royal Bank of Scotland/Citizens Bank
- SunTrust Bank and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC