King & Spalding’s construction lawyers are located in Atlanta, Houston, London, Paris, San Francisco, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. King & Spalding represents some of the world’s largest organizations in all aspects of their global construction projects. We focus primarily on the representation of owner clients, a large portion of whom are in the energy sector.
Our construction lawyers are familiar with the entire range of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, including expert determinations, neutral evaluation, appraisal arbitration, mediation, dispute review boards, and mini-trials. The breadth of our arbitration experience enables us to collaborate with in-house counsel to determine when and whether the use of arbitration or other ADR processes are more appropriate than full-blown litigation or trial.
Our Construction Litigation Practice includes expert determinations, arbitrations, and trials involving contract disputes, architect and engineer liability claims, products liability and warranty claims, building design defects, transportation and airport concerns, environmental concerns, public and private surety bond claims, construction liens, acceleration and delay damages claims, and the resolution of international contract disputes and design and construction claims.
Clients benefit from King & Spalding construction lawyers’ extensive hands-on experience analyzing, drafting, and negotiating global project agreements. The team’s acquired knowledge includes preparing design and construction agreements ranging from architectural and engineering contracts, design-build, engineer-procure-construct (EPC) and construction management agreements. This expertise translates into a proven ability to successfully unwind and resolve the full gamut of construction disputes.
Areas of Expertise
- Trials, arbitrations and mediations involving contract disputes
- Architect and engineer liability claims
- Products liability and warranty claims
- Building design defects
- Transportation and airport concerns
- Environmental concerns
- Public and private surety bond claims
- Construction liens
- Acceleration and delay damages claims
- Resolution of international contract dispute, design and construction claims
- King & Spalding is recognized for its “first-class energy team” and ranks as one of the top energy and natural resources firms in the United States in the 2010 edition of Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- King & Spalding named one of the top energy and natural resources firms nationally (Chambers USA 2010).
- King & Spalding was ranked in the 2009 United Arab Emirates section of Legal 500 for projects and energy.