We understand your business. We understand that energy companies rely upon diverse and ever-evolving technologies, operate across geographic regions, and interact with a wide range of stakeholders from governments to investors to consumers. We know that you need your advisers to be top-quality lawyers and have in-depth industry expertise, efficient practice integration and a global perspective to complete transactions, navigate regulations, conduct investigations and resolve disputes in this dynamic sector. That is why energy companies leading the way in oil & gas, power, nuclear, mining & metals and infrastructure industries worldwide turn to King & Spalding.
We are where you need us. Our geographic footprint—which includes Houston, London, New York, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh (affiliated office), Moscow, Paris, Geneva, Singapore, Tokyo, Washington, D.C., Austin, Frankfurt and San Francisco—allows our energy team to handle matters around the globe. With 250 lawyers in a wide range of practice areas, we have supported clients in more than 90 countries across six continents.
We work hard to earn your trust. We understand the risks that you and your business are taking and the trust that you are placing in us. Our knowledge of the commercial aspects of the energy industry and energy law, enables us to find creative solutions to business issues and disputes. The value our clients place on these attributes is reflected in some of our most recent rankings and recognitions from organizations that rank law firms based on client and peer feedback:
- Law360 selected King & Spalding as Energy Practice Group of the Year for the second straight year in 2015. The firm was also named a Project Finance Practice of the Year in 2014.
- Chambers USA selected King & Spalding as one of five finalists for its 2015 Nationwide Projects/Energy Firm of the Year.
- Petroleum Economist named King & Spalding its 2014 Energy Advisory Firm of the Year: Legal.
- Chambers Global 2015 ranks King & Spalding among the top firms for energy and projects globally, as well as in regions and countries including Asia-Pacific, India, Latin America, the Middle East, Russia, Singapore, The United Arab Emirates and the United States.
- For international arbitration, King & Spalding ranks as one of the top five firms in the world according to Global Arbitration Review (2015).
- King & Spalding is ranked among the top three law firms for project finance deals in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by project finance and infrastructure journal IJ Global (2015).
- The American Lawyer awarded King & Spalding with the 2015 Global Finance Deal of the Year award in the Project Finance category.
We add value by sharing our knowledge. We are thought leaders in our areas of specialty. We continually monitor and analyze business trends and legal developments influencing the energy industry and share our insights through our quarterly King & Spalding Energy Forum, monthly Energy Newsletter, and Client Alerts.
For additional information about our energy-related events, thought leadership and other developments, please visit our energy news and insights page.