We understand your business.We use our energy industry knowledge and diverse perspectives to help you successfully structure deals, develop complex projects, and resolve high-value disputes, working hand-in-hand with you as trusted advisors.
We are expert energy lawyers with in-depth knowledge of the sectors you work in, from upstream, midstream to downstream in the oil & gas sector, including LNG, and from conventional to renewables in the power sector. Our specialized expertise also covers mining industries.
Our skill set is broad, spanning transactional advisory and M&A, regulatory, construction, project development and finance work to international trade, government investigations and compliance, disputes, and international arbitration.
We are one of the very few firms that offers a complement of energy lawyers from different backgrounds, including private practice, senior in-house counsel, government, and management. We also count among our team former engineers who understand the technical complexity of energy projects and how to prevent common contracting pitfalls.
We have a global presence. Wherever you are, wherever you invest, we have lawyers that know the culture, the contacts, the legal system, and the language. Our worldwide integrated network of specialist lawyers – and the knowledge they combine and share – sets us apart and explains why we are fortunate to count many of the world’s leading energy companies as our clients.
Our offices are strategically placed in the energy hubs of the world – Houston, London, Paris, New York, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Moscow, Singapore, and Tokyo. Many of our lawyers are qualified in several jurisdictions, including in the regions where we work, which differentiates us from other international firms.
Because we are organized by practice groups and do not consider each office as a separate entity, we have the flexibility to bring together the very best lawyers, regardless of their location, and create a tailor-made team for your project. This enables us to provide services around the clock in each time zone in which you operate.
We work hard to earn your trust. We are cognizant of the trust that our clients place in us and work hard to deliver real value and develop long-term relationships. We are proud of our success in doing this, which is reflected in some of our most recent rankings and recognitions:
- The firm currently has 45 energy lawyers ranked in the various Chambers guides (Global, United States, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific).
- Law360 selected King & Spalding as Energy Practice Group of the Year for the second straight year in 2015. The firm was also named a Project Finance Practice of the Year in 2014.
- Chambers Global 2016 ranks King & Spalding among the top firms for energy and projects globally, as well as in regions and countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Russia, the Middle East, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, India, Japan, Indonesia, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Africa.
- 2016 Global Arbitration Review recognizes King & Spalding’s international arbitration group as one of the top five international arbitration practices in the world.
- Chambers USA selected King & Spalding as one of six finalists for its 2016 Nationwide Projects/Energy: Oil & Gas Firm of the Year.
- Petroleum Economist named King & Spalding its 2014 and 2016 Energy Advisory Firm of the Year: Legal.
- King & Spalding is ranked among the top three law firms for project finance deals in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region by project finance and infrastructure journal IJ Global (2015).
We add value by sharing our knowledge. We continually monitor and analyze business trends and legal developments influencing the energy industry and share our insights through our quarterly King & Spalding Energy Forum, monthly Energy Newsletter, and Client Alerts.
For additional information about our energy-related events and other developments, please visit our energy news and insights page.