Todd Holleman is a Partner in King & Spalding’s Global Finance practice who acts as the Managing Partner of the Charlotte office and has previously served on the firm’s Policy Committee. Mr. Holleman is active in King & Spalding’s leveraged finance, real estate and energy practices.
Mr. Holleman represents leading financial institutions, BDC’s, funds, private equity sponsors, energy companies, and other borrowers in leveraged finance, unitranche, first lien/second lien, mezzanine, construction and other secured and unsecured lending transactions, with a focus on leveraged acquisition financings, energy financings and commercial real estate financings.
Selected recent transactions include:
- Represented a business development company in connection with a $250 million unitranche senior revolving and term loan credit facilities the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition of a private operator of a network of over 180 private schools nationwide.
- Represented a business development company as lead arranger and administrative agent in connection with a $72 million first lien/second lien working capital and term loan facility, the proceeds of which were used by a sponsor to acquire a highly diversified provider of parts, assemblies, and components for commercial aircraft, military aircraft and missile systems.
- Represented a privately held REIT in connection with a $250 million senior credit facility and a private placement note issuance in the principal amount of $350 million.
- Represented a business development company and related funds in connection with a $270 million first-out/last-out unitranche loan the proceeds of which were used to finance a series of acquisitions of companies that design and manufacture a broad range of equipment for use by law enforcement and sportsmen.
- Represented a business development company and related funds in connection with a $120 million unitranche term loan to a SPAC, the proceeds of which were used to acquire a software company.
Mr. Holleman earned his bachelor’s degree in English from the University of North Carolina in 1994 and his law degree from Wake Forest University in 1997.
King & Spalding brings together more than 100 finance lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to represent lenders, investors, funds and borrowers in the full range of secured and unsecured financings. In each of 2015 and 2016, we closed approximately 200 finance transactions for our clients, amounting to $120 billion in aggregate financing.