- Secured partial defense verdict on behalf of a former pesticide manufacturer in 2013 after 4-month trial in San Francisco Superior Court in a wrongful death, personal injury and property damage case seeking in excess of $25 million in damages and unspecified punitive damages.
- Secured complete defense verdict on behalf of a former pesticide manufacturer in 2010 after a 4-month jury trial in California Superior Court of a case brought by the City of Redlands alleging contamination of drinking water, seeking $46 million in damages and unspecified amount of punitive damages;
- Secured summary judgment for Cooper Industries as to personal injury claims brought by residents of Harlan County, Kentucky, alleging that plant operations contaminated soil, groundwater, and air with PCBs, TCE, dioxins, heavy metals, and vinyl chloride;
- Secured dismissal of climate change nuisance claims asserted against major oil company in federal courts in Mississippi and California;
- Serving as national coordinating counsel for former pesticide manufacturer in pesticide contamination cases;
- Served as national coordinating counsel for energy company in ethanol products liability class actions;
- Secured complete defense verdicts for law firms in professional negligence suits;
- Served as national coordinating counsel for certain refiners in MTBE product liability and groundwater contamination litigation;
- Represented a plastics molding company in a groundwater contamination suit involving solvents and radioactive materials;
- Represented a global tire manufacturer in CERCLA cost recovery actions;
- Represented a polymer manufacturer in litigation to enforce environmental indemnities;
- Represented a hazardous waste deep injection well operator in the defense of an environmental contamination class action;
- Represented numerous industries in TCE groundwater contamination cases;
- Represented CERCLA PRPs in cost recovery action for PCB contamination;
- Represented securities issuers in defeating certification of a national class action in a $350 million securities fraud multi-district litigation;
- Defended underwriters’ counsel in a six-week securities fraud and conspiracy trial in federal court.