Terry D. Novetsky is a partner in King & Spalding’s Global Finance practice, resident in the New York office. Mr. Novetsky is active in King & Spalding’s securitization, trade finance, leveraged finance and capital markets practices.
Mr. Novetsky represents financial institutions, sponsors, borrowers and specialty lenders in a wide variety of secured lending, debt capital markets transactions, and global trade finance transactions, many of which involve international companies and cross-border issues. He also represents a money center bank in several of its loan programs with middle market commercial lenders. Mr. Novetsky has significant experience in healthcare finance transactions and represents several of the largest lenders in that sector. He has represented numerous senior lender groups in restructurings, including bankruptcy debtor-in-possession and exit facility programs.
Selected recent transactions include:
- Representation of a money center bank in $1.4 billion loan program to a middle-market loan fund.
- Representation of a New York branch of a major foreign bank in a $400 million securitization of loan portfolio assets.
- Representation of a finance company in a structured exit financing of a film library.
- Representation of a healthcare finance company in the $140 million acquisition of its loan portfolio.
- Representation of a healthcare finance company in over $2 billion in loan transactions, including a $600 million facility for a hospital system and a $200 million facility for a major pharmacy benefit management company.
- Representation of a money center bank in a “Deal of the Year” $1 billion cross-border structured trade financing for a major Asian trade company.
Mr. Novetsky is recognized nationally as a leader in the area of Capital Markets: Securitization by Chambers USA (2013-2015), in which impressed clients note that he “thinks of creative solutions” and “negotiates well in very tough or contentious situations.” Further, he is ranked in Chambers Global (2014-2016), and in the 2014 edition sources say he has a “solution-driven approach,” “can get you out of a tough situation” and “relates to the business background.” Chambers Global 2014 also notes that Mr. Novetsky is a “favored choice for financial institutions on complex structured finance transactions.” Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Novetsky was an investment banker, concentrating on energy-related project finance and leveraged leasing.
King & Spalding brings together more than 100 finance lawyers located in offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East to represent lenders, investors, funds and borrowers in the full range of secured and unsecured financings. Over the past three years, we closed approximately 600 finance transactions for our clients, amounting to $165 billion in aggregate financing.