Pascal Schmitz is a French qualified partner based in the firm's Paris office. He joined the firm in May 2012.
Pascal Schmitz has more than 20 years experience in all aspects of commercial real estate and real estate finance, including corporate and investment property acquisitions and disposals, acquisition financing and joint ventures.
Pascal Schmitz advises (i) German funds such as Deka Immobilien Investment, Commerz Real, Real IS and Kgal, (ii) US investment funds such as the Blackstone group, Host Hotels & Resorts, Pramerica, (iii) European and French funds such as Orion capital, STAM >Europe, Ofi Reim, Altaréa Cogedim. In addition, Pascal Schmitz is ranked among French leading real estate lawyers in Chambers Europe (first tier) and the Legal 500 France.
Prior to joining King & Spalding, Mr. Schmitz spent 15 years at and was a partner with a magic circle London law firm and was a member of their Real Estate practice.
He is a member of the Urban Land Institute French chapter.
- Deka Immobilien in the purchase of a 35,000 sq.m. offices located in Paris
- Host Hotels & Resort in the purchase of a Pullman hotel located in Paris
- AEW Europe in the purchase of the shares of a company owning a 25,000 sq. m. offices in St-Denis
- Acquisition for the Blackstone group of the second largest group of clinics in France
Awards & Recognition
- First tier Chambers Europe